Your charitable gift will provide vital support for our organization as well as immediate or deferred tax benefits for you and your family. Every dollar invested in Friends of the Children - SF Bay Area returns $7 in economic benefits to individuals and society, so your contribution has the potential to influence the well-being of others far into the future.
Make a Bequest
A bequest is one of the easiest gifts to make. With the help of an advisor, you can include language in your will, trust, fund, or endowment specifying a gift be made to family, friends or Friends of the Children - SF Bay Area as part of your estate plan.
A bequest can be made in several ways:
1. You can gift a specific dollar amount or asset.
2. You can gift a percentage of your estate.
3. You can gift from the balance or residue of your estate.
4. You can make a beneficiary designation of certain assets.
What are the benefits of making a bequest?
- You leave a lasting legacy to be remembered.
- You lessen the burden of taxes on your family.
- You may receive estate tax savings.
If you want to include Friends of the Children - SF Bay Area in your estate planning, our legal name is FOTC-SF Bay Area.
IRA Charitable Rollover
If you are 70½ or older, an IRA charitable rollover is a way you can help further our mission while retaining enjoyable tax benefits.
How an IRA charitable rollover gift works
1. Contact your IRA plan administrator to make a gift from your IRA to us.
2. Your IRA funds will be directly transferred to our organization to help continue our important work.
3. Please note that IRA charitable rollover gifts do not qualify for a charitable deduction.
4. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish for your gift to be used for a specific purpose.
What are the benefits of an IRA charitable rollover?
- Avoid taxes on transfers of up to $100,000 from your IRA to our organization.
- Satisfy your required minimum distribution (RMD) for the year.
- Reduce your taxable income, even if you do not itemize deductions.
- Make a gift that is not subject to the deduction limits on charitable gifts.
- Help further the work and mission of our organization.